Monday 18 February 2013

PDPH


When I was in hospital having my baby boy I had an epidural and I was one of the unlucky 1 in every 200 people to suffer a Post Dural Puncture Headache. When I relay my story to friends I'm always surprised that so few people have heard of this condition. So I decided to create a website for people like me who might find themselves in search of reassurance and to raise awareness of this condition in the hopes that a quick diagnosis can be made.

You can view the website here where you can learn more about this condition and its effects. 
I wasn't diagnosed for nearly 36 hours after the birth of my son so during that time I was in a lot of pain and bed bound. The staff in the hospital were very unsupportive and refused to help me with anything as they wanted the bed back. Once I was diagnosed with PDPH they were suddenly a lot more helpful. If I had been diagnosed sooner, I might have been able to get home sooner to enjoy being with my new baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment